NEWSBYTE MEMBER NEWS:
- Check out the Business Resource Guide online, with over 9000 views in the last 5 months, huge bang for your advertising buck, nationwide peeps! https://www.harborhouse.com/digital/dearborn/
Attention Fordson graduates, please assist Fordson with creating our database by completing the following link:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hgZnquRJWxDqyOTL8a70W62wrWvySYtkcidUo-nXY_c/viewform?edit_requested=true
Popular improvisationalist Colin Mochrie will team with hypnotist Asad Mecci to present “HYPROV” on Saturday, January 11 at Dearborn’s Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets, ranging in price from $30-45, are available at dearborntheater.com and at the theater box office, which is open Thursday through Saturday from 12-7 p.m. For more information, call (313) 943-2354.
- Young ladies of elementary or middle school age and their fathers are invited to attend theDearborn Recreation & Parks Department’s Annual Daddy-Daughter Dance on Saturday, February 1, in the Hubbard Ballroom, in the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center.By popular demand, the department will host two dances, the first from 2-4 p.m. and the second from 5-7 p.m. This year’s theme is “One Magical Evening,” and participants are encouraged to dress for the occasion. Both dances will feature music, pizza, beverages, cotton candy and keepsakes for the daughters. Tickets, priced at $25 per person and available only through January 30, may be purchased by calling (313) 943-2354, stopping by the Theater Box Office-open Thursday through Saturday from 12-7 p.m. For more information, call (313) 943-2354.
2019 NEWS: Henry Ford Village’s management company ranked highest in customer satisfaction in the J.D. Power 2019 U.S. Senior Living Study. Life Care Services, the nation’s second-largest senior living operator, scored 843 on a 1,000-point scale, a full 49 index points above the second-highest performing senior living organization.
- The Senior Alliance has been selected as one of Crain’s Detroit Business‘s Cool Places to Work in Michigan for 2019. The nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, based in Wayne and founded in 1980 will soon be celebrating its 40th year of serving the 34 communities of Western and Southern Wayne county as the regional area agency on aging. With a dedicated workforce of over 92 employees, the organization, was selected for its natural workplace environment that rests on the agency’s beautiful 33-acre campus, just north of Van Born off of Venoy. According to CEO, Tamera Kiger, “It’s like a family; everyone cares about everyone else. If you ever dream about being involved in something bigger than yourself, get involved in a nonprofit.”
- Center for Neurological Studies announces research program for former professional athletes with Traumatic Brain Injuries. Some 42 former professional athletes suffering from the results of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) that occurred during their playing careers will participate in a groundbreaking research project to help them eliminate the lasting effects of their injuries.
The “Human Growth Hormone Replacement Therapy Study,” conducted by the Center for Neurological Studies (CNS) in Novi, and funded in part by a grant from a large international drug company, will initiate hormone replacement protocols to determine the hormones’ ability to reduce symptoms and improve the quality of life for the former athletes.
Wayne County Dispute Resolution Center (WCDRC), a community based nonprofit organization, is currently seeking volunteers for mediation training to further its mission of helping change the culture of conflict in Wayne County. “The stress and consequences of conflict can take a terrible toll on individuals and families, especially those with limited resources,” said Bernard Dempsey, WCDRC’s executive director. “With mediation, we help to peacefully resolve conflicts efficiently and effectively. Last year, our staff and volunteers mediated 2,300 conflicts, helping more than 5,000 people.” To learn more about Wayne County Dispute Resolution Center and volunteer mediation, visit www.wcdrc.org. If interested in attending the November training session, you are encouraged to call 313-561-3500 soon as class size is limited.
SAVE THE DATE!!The year 2020 will be a big year for so many things. Among them is the celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the Founding of the League of Women Voters in Chicago on February 14, 1920.We will also be celebrating the passage of the 19th Amendment on August 26, 1920. Passage of this amendment was the culmination of years of work by our foremothers working for the women’s vote.In honor of both of these anniversaries, our League of Women Voters Dearborn-Dearborn Heights will be holding a special Centennial Dinner celebration on Wednesday, August 26, 2020. Our wonderful venue is the Byblos Banquet Center where we celebrated the League’s 95th anniversary in 2015.Please put this on your calendar and share with your friends. We hope for a great attendance of members and guests celebrating these two special birthdays.
SAVE THE DATE!!
Beaumont Breast Care Centers in Dearborn, Trenton and Wayne, in partnership with the Beaumont Health Foundation, have developed a year-round program to provide free screening mammograms to uninsured, or underinsured, women living in or near those three communities. “Breast Health for Life” is a joint effort among the Beaumont Breast Care Centers in Wayne and Dearborn, as well as the Karen Colina Wilson Smithbauer Breast Care Center in Trenton.
Cleamon Moorer Jr. DBA and his wife, Nicole Willis-Moorer, are the new
owners of American Advantage Home Care Inc., a full-service home health care agency that
provides skilled medical care 24/7 for adults of all ages.
The Moorers, of Grand Blanc, purchased the seven-year-old, Dearborn-based agency
through the Moorers’ Partners in Wellness Management LLC, a holding company established
with the goals of improving the health of and health care for individuals in Michigan.
Jeanie Fraser, founder of Assurant Care, Inc. in Dearborn Heights, recognizes the accomplishment of celebrating 10 years in the business of providing home care services–an area of growing need. Founded in 2009, Assurant Care, Inc. is a provider of non-medical home care, providing services that best fit the lifestyle and needs of clients while respecting their privacy, home and daily routines. The company serves clients throughout metro Detroit with up to 24-hour attendant care in-home, at hospitals and in nursing facilities. Assurant Care Inc. has an A+ Rating from the Home Care Standards Bureau (HCSB). For more information or to receive a personalized care plan, visit www.assurecareinc.com or call 313-563-0226. Calls are answered day or night, seven days a week.
Dearborn’s oldest Boy Scout Troop is celebrating 90 years.BSA Troop 1104 is actively seeking to connect with as many former Scouts as possible as part of this event. Regardless of the rank they earned when they departed the program, the Troop invites all Scouts to be a part of the celebration. Former Scouts are encouraged to contact the current Troop Scoutmaster, Joe Adams, if they wish to participate in the ceremonies or want to share their memories of the Troop. Former Scouts may also contact the Troop via Facebook or their website [ www.bsatroop1104.com ]
English Gardens, the nation’s 10th largest garden center, has acquired Plymouth Nursery, 9900 Ann Arbor Rd W, Plymouth, Michigan. The announcement was made jointly by John Darin, president of English Gardens; and Jeff Jones, owner of Plymouth Nursery. This marks English Gardens sixth location in the Metro Detroit area. The family-owned company currently operates stores in Clinton Twp., Dearborn Heights, Eastpointe, Royal Oak/Troy and West Bloomfield.
~Dearborn Area Business Builders or DABB~Success has brought vacancies to our business referral group. We are currently looking to fill the following lines of business:Cake DecoratorDJEstate Planning AttorneyBusiness Law AttorneyHealth Care Insurance AgentExercise/Physical TrainerHome/Office Cleaning CompanyLandscape Designer/Installer
Any business that can benefit from receiving weekly referrals and two chamber memberships AND does not conflict with any current member’s business line.Easiest way to find out more about us is just show up at our Thursday mornings at Leon’s Restaurant at 7:00 AM. Your breakfast is on us! If you feel you must have a telephone conversation, the group’s current point of contact is the member with the receptionist: Bartell Chiropractic Life Center 313-561-1800, or Sec./Treasurer Don Killion, 313-274-0639. Leave a message and you will receive a call back.
KeyBank is offering a wonderful incentive to business who want to bank with them. Just bring your business to KeyBank. A full business banking relationship with Key is always rewarding. To make it even more rewarding, we’re offering this incentive to make Key your business bank.We’ll deposit $5,000 into your business account when you complete the necessary steps. Get started by Speaking with your KeyBank Branch Manager today!
Contact Katherine Lennon at 313-277-5637
- The HEART of theCommunity
Do you desire to help others in the Dearborn/Dearborn Heights area? Discover if volunteering at The Lennon Pregnancy Center (LPC) is for you. No experience? No problem!
Our needs are:
* Ultrasound Chaperones
* Donation Organizers
* Church Liaisons
* Diapers Size 5&6, Pull Ups
* Car seats
- The Salvation Army asks that you would take a miniature version of their fundraising device and post it at your place of business. They’re called Counter Kettles. They just sit in a place of your choosing (the counter, next to the register, etc.) so that customers can drop in their change or a dollar or two. We’ll empty the kettle once a month and our contact information is 3135634457.
- Comcast Promotion:
$59.90 Starter Double Play – Starter @ $34.95 + Mobility Lines 1-3 @ $24.95Additional lines added @ $29.95 24 or 36 month agreement required***** Add Connection Pro @ $29.95 to make this a $90 Triple Play !!!!!!!!****
- Advertise your business to drivers with the World’s Largest Community-Based Navigation App. The #3 App used among smart phone users. 90 Million Active Users 298,000 Active Users in Detroit Area alone. Free App for Download at Google Play and Apple App Store. Help People Find your Business that don’t know you are in a Office building. Is your name not on the sign outside by the road? Is hard to be seen? Having Waze Local could help generate that foot traffic you are looking for. Unlike a Billboard, Our Digital Billboards can be changed seasonally, daily, what ever you need to suit you business needs.
To have information about your business or event on this website or in the NewsByte, send your info to PJ Lemanski.