NEWSBYTE MEMBER NEWS:
Flexible Options. Michigan Degree. Earn Your Graduate Degree from UM-Dearborn! UM-Dearborn offers more than 60 master’s, specialist and doctoral degree programs, many with evening and online class options to meet your busy schedule
Thursday June 7, 2018 @ 4:30 High Speed Slides @ Levagood Park
UPDATE: Thursday June 21, 2018 @ 10 a.m. US Rehab and Health Services 27251 Joy Rd.
Friday June 22nd, 2018 @ 12 p.m. Signature Group Reality 23420 Ford Rd.
Wednesday July 18, 2018 @ 1:30 p.m. Nady B Beauty Bar 3720 Monroe
Monday July 23, 2018 @ 2 p.m. Dairy Queen Grill and Chill 4600 Greenfield
- On Friday June 9th, DFCU Financial will offer residents the opportunity to have their paper records and data storage materials shredded and recycled during the Community Shred Day at the Fairlane branch at 400 Town Center Drive. This free event aims to raise public awareness of the need to securely destroy confidential materials to prevent identity theft and fraud, as well as to encourage recycling.
- Free Financial Education Series hosted by Community Choice C.U.
Learn how to budget, manage credit cards and why credit scores matter June 13th, at Caroline Kennedy Library, 24590 George Heights St., Dearborn Heights 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Open Seating for all ages, no need to RSVP, walk-ins are welcome! For questions, email Amanda Ambinder at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Financial Education Series hosted by Community Choice C.U. Learn how to budget, manage credit cards and why credit scores matter June 13th, at Caroline Kennedy Library, 24590 George Heights St., Dearborn Heights 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Open Seating for all ages, no need to RSVP, walk-ins are welcome! For questions, email Amanda Ambinder at email@example.com
- To celebrate Oakwood Common’s name change to Beaumont Commons, Dearborn, the public is invited to attend the senior living community’s Open House from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Wednesday, June 13th, 2018.
“As a vibrant senior living community in Dearborn, we are excited about being part of Beaumont with its strong commitment to quality and deep clinical connections,” said Margaret Lightner, president of Beaumont Commons, Dearborn. Beginning at 4:15 p.m., officials from Beaumont Health and Dearborn Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr. will make remarks and greet attendees in Connolly’s lounge, located on the main campus at 16351 Rotunda Drive in Dearborn.
- The Arab American National Museum cordially invites you to the 13th annual Arab Film Festival, which takes place June 1st – June 10th. The festival strives to bring the best of the best films from around the Arab World and Arab American Community to the doorstep of Metro Detroit. This years theme is Soapbox Studios: Marginalized voices from the Arab & Arab American Community. Click Arab Film Festival
for more info!
- Looking for fun and productive ways to stay busy this summer? Join Educare Student Services for their Summer Enrichment Program from June 17th – August 25th! The program runs from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is offered to students from pre-K through 12th grade.
- Weekday Morning Classes at Yoga Shala Heights!!! 10 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday!
- KeyBank is offering a wonderful incentive to business who want to bank with them. Just bring your business to KeyBank. A full business banking relationship with Key is always rewarding. To make it even more
rewarding, we’re offering this incentive to make Key your business bank.
We’ll deposit $5,000 into your business account when you complete the necessary steps. Get started by Speaking with your KeyBank Branch Manager today!
- Beaumont Hospital is offering cooking classes at the Henry FordCentennial Library from 5/22/18-6/26/18 every Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. The classes, “Cooking Matters Extra for Diabetes” is presented by trained culinary and nutrition instructors. Hands on presentations demonstrate the link between nutrition and health, affordability of eating healthy, meal planning and other helpful tips.
- Need help managing your diabetes?Beaumont offers Daibetes PATH (Personal Action Toward Health). This program is designed to provide skills and tools to help people living with type 2 diabetes and their support system live a healthier life. It is a fun, interactive, six week workshop led by certified leaders. Session 1 begins June 4th and new participants are unable to join after 2nd week. To register, visit: https://www.beaumont.org/classes-events
Chief Financial Credit Union is offering FREE Advertising for all Chamber Members! They are offering a free ad on their FREE mobile app promoting any specials or discounts from businesses. Click here for more information.
Cambridge Dental Group is pleased to introduce their Small Business Community Plan. This plan includes free preventive care twice a year including x-rays and regular cleanings as well as discounts for necessary dental treatment. You save on everything from fillings to cosmetic procedures and crowns! This plan, regularly priced at $265/year for individuals and $635 for families, has been made available completely free to all members of the Dearborn Area Chamber, their families and their employees’ families. Cambridge Dental Group is located in Dearborn Heights and has been dedicated to serving the community for 37 years. For more information, please contact Chris Correa or Kami Rudolph at 313-274-4040.
Melaleuca the Wellness Company reached the $2 Billion mark in sales in 2017 for the first time in their 32 year history. They are the #1 online wellness shopping club in North America. A green manufacture out of Idaho Falls, Idaho has had continuous sales growth since their beginning in 1985. We offer over 400 greener and safer products you use in your home every day. Why not save time and money and shop with us? We deliver right to your doorstep! I would love to personally introduce you to this shopping club. Give me a call and let’s set a time to meet.
Michael Magnone your Personal Wellness Director 313-999-0244
To have information about your business or event on this website or in the NewsByte, send your info to PJ Lemanski.