- This event has passed.
Summer College Advancement Program for High School students registration
May 28, 2012 @ 3:30 pm - June 14, 2012 @ 6:30 pm
The HFCC Summer College Advancement Program will offer a variety of college-level classes and other learning opportunities to help high school students get a significant jumpstart on their college careers. This program begins Tuesday, June 26 on the HFCC main campus.
HFCC is offering a wide variety of courses that will give college-bound high schools students advanced exposure to college, experience college-level coursework and complete general education courses.
Some of the courses that will be available this summer include, but are not limited to, the following:
* ARA 131: Elementary Arabic 1;
* BEC 151: Principles of Macroeconomics;
* BIO 131: Introduction to Biology;
* CHEM 131: Principles of Chemistry;
* CHEM 132: Principles of Organic Chemistry & Biochemistry;
* CHN 131: Elementary Mandarin Chinese 1;
* ENG 131: Introduction to College Writing;
* FRE 131: Elementary French 1;
* MATH 175: Pre-Calculus;
* MATH 180: Calculus 1;
* SPC 131: Fundamentals of Public Speaking;
* SPN 131: Elementary Spanish 1; and
* SPN 132: Elementary Spanish 2.
Students can review class offerings online at www.hfcc.edu/webadvisor. Select ‘Search for Sections’ and students can select any of our areas to see what is offered.
Registration materials require parent and school official signatures. To obtain these materials and for additional information, please call Douglas A. Freed, director of Admissions and Recruiting, at (313) 845-9701, or via email at DFreed@hfcc.edu.