The Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Small Business Development. This is a full-time position, and reports to the President.
The Director of Small Business Development will plan, budget, manage, promote, coordinate and conduct activities to promote membership retention and member development with a primary focus on small business and secondary focus on non-dues revenue through member benefit programs.
- Support membership retention efforts
- Support membership recruitment efforts and maintain integrity of membership data
- Work as a staff liaison to committees within the chamber; including but not limited to the Ambassador, Chamber Connect and Small Business committees
- Develop, plan and manage programming including networking events, small business lunches, workshops / professional development
- Collaborate with Events Director to plan and manage signature/community events with a focus on small business development including but not limited to Family Fun Day and Meet the Purchasers.
- Coordinate and expand partner/affiliate programs to generate non-dues revenue , including Educational Options and Member Benefits, and Member to Member Benefits
- Write and manage content for membership publications including Newsbyte, Chamber Chatter, Chamber Check and web site
- Interface with new business, community leaders and municipal officials to coordinate grand openings, ribbon cuttings, anniversary celebrations
- Contribute to the development of the DACC strategic goals as well as the overall day-to-day management of the organization
- Performance will be evaluated on the basis of results against goals as established in the association’s annual plan of work
- Attend all Chamber functions and serve as an ambassador to other community organizations and boards
- Maintain integrity of TradeCertify program and identify new clients.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the President and not inconsistent with the previous responsibilities.
Bachelor degree in business or marketing preferred, or may substitute with equivalent, relevant work experience. Sales and marketing experience strongly desired; strong writing and verbal skills required. Previous small business ownership or management strongly desired.
• Sales and marketing experience strongly desired
• Strong writing and verbal skills required
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organization growth and program development/implementation
• Team player who can ask questions and be self-reliant if needed. Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both team and membership issues and initiatives
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate
• Ability to interface with senior management, DACC board of directors, and staff
• Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
• Passion for Dearborn Area Chamber’s mission
Compensation is commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume and salary history by Monday, May 4, 2015 to Jackie Lovejoy, President of the Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Jackie Lovejoy, President
22100 Michigan Ave.
Dearborn, MI 48124